- By aakids
- Apr 28, 2017
- 0 Comment
All About Kids guidelines for pumpkin carving:
- Make sure to pick a pumpkin with a strong stem. A healthy stem is a sign of a healthy pumpkin and they are much easier to carve.
- You can allow the child to help by scooping out the insides. Scrape the inner walls of the pumpkin to make sure they are 1 to ½ inches thick.
- Have your child(ren) draw a design on a piece of paper for the pumpkin.
- Place the design on the pumpkin using push pins. All About Kids has found this will allow you to make certain as you carve the pumpkin that the design is exactly as they had wished.
- Once finished place a candle inside the pumpkin to illuminate the pumpkin. If you enjoy the look of the illumination but are weary of the danger a lit candle may pose, All About Kids suggest placing an LED tap light in the pumpkin to avoid the flame.